1. In a food processor grind together onion, scallions, garlic, and ginger.
2. In a large pot, add in olive oil and sauté bacon until crispy over medium heat.
3. Add in seasoning paste and sauté until flagrant and translucent, for 5 minutes.
4. Sprinkle thymes, whole spice berries and black pepper. Sauté for 5 minutes.
5. Add in beans, coconut milk and chicken broth. Simmer for 90 minutes.
6. Add in the rice, coconut extract stir well and pour in the water. Stir well.
7. Sprinkle brown sugar and simmer for 20 minutes.
8. When rice is done add butter and stir gently.
9. Garnish Rice and Peas with cilantro and serve.
Tropical breezes, ocean sunset, this video gives all those authentic Caribbean beauty. Am amazingly tasty rice dish in a coconut flavor with the goodness of peas and bacon. This recipe has all the ingredients required to make a great dish. This exotic dish can give you a the classic taste of Caribbean cuisine. Try it and feel delighted.