Barbados Beef Stew
|Beef chuck||3 Pound, cut in 1 1/2 inch cubes|
|Tomatoes||1 Pound (1 Can)|
|Onions||2 Medium, sliced|
|Celery salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Cider vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Molasses||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Carrots||6 , pared and cut in pieces|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Sprinkle beef cubes with flour.
2. Melt fat in Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add beef cubes and brown well on all sides.
3. Add tomatoes, onions, salt, celery salt, and pepper.
4. Combine vinegar, molasses and water. Add to meat.
5. Cover, with vac-control valve closed. Reduce heat to low.
6. Cook over low heat about 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
7. Add carrots, raisins and ginger.
8. Cook over low heat until carrots are tender.
9. Serve with mashed potatoes or hot cooked rice.