Grilled Shrimp and Pineapple Skewers
|Lime juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm)|
|Achiote seed||2 Tablespoon (or equal parts turmeric and paprika)|
|Allspice berries||2 Teaspoon|
|Dried oregano||2 Teaspoon|
|Whole black peppercorns||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pineapple||1 , peeled, cored, and chopped into 1/2 in thick slices|
|Onions||2 , cut into 1/2 in. wedges|
|Shrimp||1 Pound, deveined|
|Oregano sprigs||3 Gram (3 sprigs)|
1. Soak the skewers in water for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat the charcoal grill to medium heat.
3. In a blending jar add in the lime juice, garlic, achiote seeds, allspice berries, oregano, salt and peppercorns. Blend all the ingredients until smooth.
4. Gradually add in the olive oil to the mixture as the blender is running to create an emulsion.
5. Assemble the skewers with 3 shrimp, 3 pineapple wedges, and 2 onion pieces and transfer to a shallow pan.
6. Add in the sprigs of fresh oregano to the pan of skewers once they are finished being assembled.
7. Pour in the dressing over the skewers evenly and marinate for 1-3 hours.
8. Place the skewers on the grill and cook for 3-4 minutes a side.
9. Serve Grilled shrimp and pineapple skewers with lemon wedges.
Calories 279 Calories from Fat 137
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.9%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 86.2 mg28.7%
Sodium 677.8 mg28.2%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.3%
Sugars 12.8 g
Protein 13 g26.2%
Vitamin A 5.4% Vitamin C 103.9%
Calcium 8.6% Iron 13.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet