How-to Make Jerk Chicken
|Scotch bonnet pepper||10 Gram|
|Scallions||4 , chopped|
|Garlic||3 Tablespoon, minced|
|Fresh ginger||3 Tablespoon, minced|
|Limes||2 , juice extracted|
|Ketchup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pineapple juice/Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole chicken||1 , Cut into 6 pieces|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
1. In a food processor add in the scotch bonnet, scallions, garlic, ginger, thyme, turmeric, allspice, ketchup, juice from limes, and pineapple juice. Blend until ingredients are well combined.
2. In a large bowl add in the chicken and season with salt and pepper.
3. Pour in the sauce over the chicken and coat well with the brush.
4. Cover the chicken with saran wrap and marinate for 1-2 hours.
5. Preheat the grill to medium heat.
6. Place the marinated chicken over the grill and grill for 20-30 minutes or until juices run clear when meat is pierced with a knife.
7. Serve Jamaican Chicken with rice and enjoy!
Calories 606 Calories from Fat 345
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g58.8%
Saturated Fat 10.9 g54.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 187.5 mg62.5%
Sodium 477.3 mg19.9%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.7%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8.2%
Sugars 7.6 g
Protein 48 g95.5%
Vitamin A 13.1% Vitamin C 37.8%
Calcium 8.9% Iron 17.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet