For a taste of the islands in your own backyard try this recipe for Jamaican Jerk Chicken. You'll be so glad you did. It's so delicious and easy to make it may just become one of your summertime favorites.
2 1⁄2 Pound
All spice powder
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
5 Bunch (500 gm), cut into 1/3
1 Cup (16 tbs)
Lime juice/Key lime juice
Habanero pepper/Scotch bonnet pepper
1 1⁄2 Tablespoon
Fresh ground black pepper
5 Clove (25 gm)
1. Remove the chicken backbone.
2. In a blender, place all ingredients, except the chicken, and blend until smooth.
3. Retain 1 cup of the mixture, and pour the rest of the mixture onto the chicken.Using your hand, nicely coat both sides of the chicken with the marinade.Refrigerate for about 6.5 hours.
4. Pre-heat the grill to 550F.
5. Put the chicken onto the grill, breast side down. Spread the extra marinade on the chicken and cook at 450F for 10 minutes.
6. Rotate the chicken at 90 degrees and cook at 400F to 450F for another 15 minutes.
7. Turn over, put some of the reserved marinade onto the chicken, cook for 10 to 12 minutes.
8. Rotate at 90 degrees, allow to sit at 160F for 10 to 15 minutes.
9. Remove the chicken from the grill and allow to rest for about 10 minutes.
10. Cut into big chunks.Serve with fresh vegetable salad and Jamaican beer.
Easy Jamaican Jerk Chicken recipe video by Chef Scott is another attempt towards empowering foodies with a easy and delicious restaurant quality dish that is actually homemade. This dish would be fun to make because it’s very simple. The key ingredient is all spice which is a mix of spices which can be found in the spice aisle of any supermarket. The marinade is made with green onions that are blended with remaining ingredients to form a puree. If this was easy, grilling is even easier and the charred marin