Caribbean Steak Kabobs
|Beef sirloin||1 3⁄4 Pound, boneless, cut 1 1/4 inches thick|
|Soy sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Finely chopped crystallized ginger||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Firm bananas||2 (with all-yellow peel)|
|Flaked coconut||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lime juice||1 Tablespoon|
1. Slice meat across grain into 1/4-inch strips.
2. Combine soy sauce, honey, garlic and ginger; mix well and pour over meat strips in a large shallow dish. Refrigerate about 30 minutes, turning meat once.
3. Remove meat from marinade, reserving marinade. Thread meat onto 12 (8-inch) bamboo skewers, allowing space at end of each skewer for banana pieces.
4. Peel bananas and cut into 24 pieces; dip pieces into marinade, roll in coconut and drizzle with lime juice.
5. Put banana pieces on ends of skewers; brush meat and banana pieces with marinade.
6. Arrange 6 kabobs in a large glass baking dish. Cover with waxed paper. Cook in microwave oven 2 minutes at HIGH.
7. Turn and rearrange kabobs. Cook covered in microwave oven 2 minutes at HIGH.
8. Put kabobs on heated platter and keep warm.
9. Repeat procedure for remaining 6 kabobs.