Baked Rice & Peas with Chicken
|Chicken||2 Pound, cut into pieces|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Scallion||8 , chopped|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Curry powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Canned kidney beans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned coconut milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Scallion||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Potato||2 Small, cut into wedges|
1. In a bowl, place onion, garlic, scallion, thyme, soy sauce, salt, black pepper and curry powder. Add chicken and mix. Cover and marinate for at least 4 hours.
2. In a baking dish, mix together rice, coconut milk, water, rice, beans, garlic, onion, thyme and scallions.
3. Preheat the oven to 350F.
4. Cover the baking dish and place inside oven to bake for 1 hour.
3. Uncover the rice, add beans and mix. Bake at 350F for 30 to 40 minutes.
4. In a pan, cook chicken( without the seasoning), until it turns golden brown.
5. Add the seasonings back to the chicken, along with some dumplings and potatoes. Simmer for another 40 minutes until all ingredients are cooked well.
6. Serve chicken with baked rice and peas.
Calories 894 Calories from Fat 357
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61%
Saturated Fat 18.5 g92.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 152 mg50.7%
Sodium 579 mg24.1%
Total Carbohydrates 80 g26.5%
Dietary Fiber 7.5 g30%
Sugars 6.8 g
Protein 59 g118.3%
Vitamin A 13.3% Vitamin C 46.4%
Calcium 13.1% Iron 26.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet