Haitian Ice Cream
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Unsweetened chocolate squares||2 Ounce (Two Pieces)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground cloves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Egg yolks||3 , slightly beaten|
|Half and half||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
1. Combine milk and chocolate in top of a double boiler; heat over boiling water until milk is scalded and chocolate is melted.
2. Combine sugar, flour, salt, and cloves; add gradually to milk mixture, blending well. Cook and stir over direct heat 5 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and vigorously stir about 3 tablespoons of the hot mixture into the egg yolks; immediately stir into hot mixture. Cook over boiling water 10 minutes, stirring constantly, until mixture coats a metal spoon.
4. Remove from heat; cool. Stir in half-and-half and vanilla extract. Pour into refrigerator trays and freeze until mushy.
5. Turn into a chilled bowl and beat with hand rotary or electric beater until smooth and creamy. Return mixture to trays and freeze until firm.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2193 Calories from Fat 983
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 113 g173.2%
Saturated Fat 65.9 g329.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 779.6 mg259.9%
Sodium 1390.6 mg57.9%
Total Carbohydrates 277 g92.4%
Dietary Fiber 10.7 g42.7%
Sugars 226.5 g
Protein 45 g90.1%
Vitamin A 56.7% Vitamin C 10.6%
Calcium 115.6% Iron 69.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet