Haitian Ice Cream
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Unsweetened chocolate squares||2 Ounce (Two Pieces)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground cloves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Egg yolks||3 , slightly beaten|
|Half and half||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
1. Combine milk and chocolate in top of a double boiler; heat over boiling water until milk is scalded and chocolate is melted.
2. Combine sugar, flour, salt, and cloves; add gradually to milk mixture, blending well. Cook and stir over direct heat 5 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and vigorously stir about 3 tablespoons of the hot mixture into the egg yolks; immediately stir into hot mixture. Cook over boiling water 10 minutes, stirring constantly, until mixture coats a metal spoon.
4. Remove from heat; cool. Stir in half-and-half and vanilla extract. Pour into refrigerator trays and freeze until mushy.
5. Turn into a chilled bowl and beat with hand rotary or electric beater until smooth and creamy. Return mixture to trays and freeze until firm.