Jamaican Curry Goat
|Goat meat||1 1⁄2 Pound, chopped|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Seasoning||1 Tablespoon (Jcs Garlic, Scallion And Allspice)|
|Crushed red pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Meat tenderizer||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Jamaican curry powder||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon (Jcs)|
|Yellow onion||1⁄3 , finely chopped|
|Garlic paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Scallion||1⁄2 Bunch (50 gm), green part only, chopped|
|Green bell pepper||1⁄2 , chopped|
|Carrots||2 Medium, chopped|
|Water||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Cooking oil||3 Tablespoon|
1. In a large container take the goat meat and season with garlic powder, ground black pepper, JCS Garlic, escallion and allspice seasoning, crushed red pepper, meat tenderizer and 1/2 tbsp JCS Jamaican curry powder. Mix them together.
2. Set a pot on medium high heat.
3. Add 1 tsp of curry powder to the pan. When the curry powder starts to burn add 2-3 tbsp cooking oil.
4. Add the seasoned meat to the pot and fry the meat for 5 minutes.
5. In the last 2 minutes, add the chopped onion, scallion, bell pepper and 1 tbsp garlic paste to the meat. Fry the meat for 2 minutes and remove the pot from stove.
6. Place your pressure cooker on the stove and set on high heat.
7. Transfer all the contents from the pot to the pressure cooker and add chopped carrots. Stir.
8. Add 5 cups of water in the seasoned meat container. Add this water to the pressure cooker.
9. Lock the pressure cooker.
10. Cook for 1 hr and 15 minutes on high.
11. After cooking the meat, remove the pressure cooker from the stove and keep aside for cooling. Remove the lid only after the pressure is out.
12 Serve with Jamaican rice and peas.
It is best to follow your pressure cooker instructions for water and cooking time.
Calories 337 Calories from Fat 143
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.8%
Saturated Fat 3 g14.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 97 mg32.3%
Sodium 230.3 mg9.6%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.2%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 37 g73.5%
Vitamin A 107.1% Vitamin C 34%
Calcium 7.4% Iron 39.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet