Caribbean Style Chicken Legs
|Chicken legs||6 (Whole)|
|Boiling water||500 Milliliter (2 Cups)|
|Chili powder||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Salt||2 Teaspoon (10 Milliliter)|
|Pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon (1 Milliliter)|
|Cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon (1 Milliliter)|
|Onion||60 Milliliter, chopped (1/4 Cup)|
|Butter||60 Milliliter (1/4 Cup)|
|Oil||60 Milliliter (1/4 Cup)|
|Canned pineapple with juice||19 Ounce (540 Milliliter)|
|Seedless green grapes||250 Milliliter (1 Cup)|
|Bananas||2 , sliced lengthwise|
|Cornstarch||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Cold water||60 Milliliter (1/4 Cup)|
– Preheat oven to 375 °F (190 °C).
– Wash chicken legs and place in a large cast iron casserole. Add water, chili powder, salt, pepper, cinnamon, and onion.
– Close casserole tightly and simmer mixture for 30 minutes until meat is tender.
– When cooked, remove chicken legs, drain on paper towel, pour cooking juice through sieve and set aside.
– Using the same casserole, heat oil, melt butter, brown chicken legs and set aside.
– Drain pineapple, keeping the juice.
– Add the pineapple juice and enough boiling water to the cooking juice to make 4 cups (1 L) and pour liquid over chicken.
– Place pineapple chunks over chicken legs, cook 10 minutes in oven, and baste often.
– Arrange chicken legs covered with pineapple chunks in serving dish. Garnish with grapes, sliced bananas, and avocado wedges. Set aside.
– In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in cold water, pour into cooking juice and sweeten to taste. Coat chicken legs with sauce.