Jamacian Brown Stew Chicken
|Whole chicken||1 , cut up (washed with lime juice and vinegar)|
|Red bell pepper||1 , diced|
|Yellow bell pepper||1 , diced|
|Spring onions||2 , chopped|
|Fresh thyme sprig||3|
|Roma tomatoes||3 , diced|
|Onion||1 Medium, diced|
|Paprika||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Browning sauce||2 Tablespoon (Jamaican)|
|Diced garlic||2 Tablespoon|
|Salt & pepper||To Taste|
|Hot sauce||1 Tablespoon (Louisiana)|
|Hot water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Put onions on chicken followed by bell peppers, fresh thyme, spring onions and roma tomatoes.
2. Season with paprika, jamaica browning sauce and diced garlic. Also add hot sauce and mix everything in.
3. Drop in salt, pepper and pimento seeds. Mix everything well with the chicken.
4. Squeeze lime juice over the chicken and then drop in the lime over it. Let the chicken marinate overnight.
5. Prepare the grill for cooking.
5. Scrape the marinade off the chicken and place it on a preheated grill. Save the marinade for a later stage.
6. Place some pecan woods in the grill and then let the chicken cook under the lid. When the chicken gets a good caramelisation on it. Remove it from heat and set it aside.
7. Meanwhile, add the marinade to a pan and cook the veggies up until soft. Add the chicken pieces back in the pan. Pour hot water on top. Close the lid and then let the chicken simmer and cook.
8. Remove from heat when done.
9. Scoop chicken over some rice and beans and enjoy.
Calories 1022 Calories from Fat 527
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 59 g90%
Saturated Fat 16.5 g82.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 281.2 mg93.7%
Sodium 632.1 mg26.3%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.5%
Dietary Fiber 13 g52%
Sugars 20.5 g
Protein 80 g160.4%
Vitamin A 290.5% Vitamin C 688.6%
Calcium 11.8% Iron 62.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet