Welcome to the GialloZafferano kitchen! I'm Sonia and today we'll be preparing a classic pasta dish from the Lazio region: Spaghetti alla Carbonara.
Pecorino romano cheese
5 1⁄2 Ounce, dice
Extra virgin olive oil
Ground black pepper
1. In a large pot, boil the spaghetti in salted water until al dente.
2. In a pan sauté the guanciale with olive oil, once they are nice and crispy remove from heat and let it cool.
3. In another bowl combine the egg yolks and the whole eggs, whisk until well incorporated.
4. Add the pecorino cheese and mix well, season it with black pepper, add little of the pasta water if needed.
5. Add the guanciale and mix everything well.
6. Drain the water from the pasta and add the spaghetti to the sauce, sauté and coat the spaghetti with the sauce.
7. Serve the spaghetti carbonara hot along with a slice of crusty garlic bread.
Do not add a lot of salt in the pasta water.
Add the pasta water incase the sauce is too dense.