Angel Hair Carbonara
|Reduced sodium turkey bacon strips||4 , coarsely chopped|
|Onion||1 , coarsely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|All-purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|1% low fat milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Low fat ricotta cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||3 Tablespoon|
|Angel hair pasta||1 Pound|
1. In a pot, boil water and blanch angel hair pasta, drain, rinse and set aside.
2. In a non stick skillet, add bacon and sautÃ© until fat is separated. Remove bacon onto a plate.
3. Add onion, garlic and sautÃ© until soft, add flour and cook until slightly brown and remove from heat. 4. To the flour mix, gradually add milk and stir until smooth, blend in ricotta cheese, the cooked bacon, parsley, 2 tablespoon parmesan, season and simmer for a couple of minutes.
5. Now, add the cooked pasta to the sauce.
6. Serve hot in a pasta dish with remaining parmesan sprinkled on top.