Easy Spaghetti Carbonara With Bacon
|Bacon slices||1⁄2 Pound, diced|
|Green pepper||1 Large, halved, seeded and diced|
|Crumbled marjoram||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Romano cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
1) In a pot of salted, boiling water, cook the spaghetti as per its packet instructions. Drain and transfer the pasta onto a hot serving platter.
2) Meanwhile, in a skillet fry the diced bacon till they become crisp. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon onto the paper towel.
3) Retain 2 tablespoons of the bacon fat in the skillet and drain off the rest. Add in the green peppers and saute in the fat till they become soft. In a small bowl, beat the eggs with marjoram, salt and pepper.
4) Add in butter or margarine into the warm pasta and toss it melts into the pasta. Add in the eggs mixture and toss well.
5) Add in the sauted green peppers, bacon and grated cheese.
6) Toss once to mix well.
7) Serve the Spaghetti Carbonara hot. Sprinkle a few chopped parsley leaves on top, if desired.