|For the spaghetti|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs) (As needed to boil the spaghetti)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (Boiled in salt water)|
|For the bacon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Sliced bacon||10 Ounce, cut into 1/2 inch pieces|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For the egg and cheese mixture|
|Parmesan cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Romano cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic cloves||3 Medium, minced|
|For the seasoning|
|Basil leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), cut into chiffonade (One handful)|
|Tomatoes||2 Medium, diced|
1. Put large heatproof bowl in oven heated to 200 degrees F.
2. In a large pot, bring water to a rolling boil, for pasta. When water comes to a boil, season the water with a little salt and add the pasta. Cook for about 10 minutes, then drain. (Make sure not to rinse the cooked pasta in cold water)
3. In a large pan heat up a couple of tbsp of olive oil over medium heat.
4. Add bacon and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and crisp, for about 8 minutes.
5. While the bacon is cooking, in a small bowl, combine eggs, Parmesan cheese and Romano cheese and garlic together with a fork. Set aside.
5. Once the bacon is done cooking, drain off all but about a couple of tbsp of fat out of the pan. Add wine and simmer until slightly reduced, 4 to 5 minutes.
6. Take the warm bowl out of the preheated oven, (turn off the oven) put the drained pasta into the warm serving bowl. Immediately pour the egg & cheese mixture over hot pasta.
7. Sprinkle with some salt and cracked black pepper. Toss well with tongs. Pour bacon mixture over pasta and toss.
8. Add the basil leaves and the diced tomatoes and toss to mix everything well.
9. Serve immediately.
Calories 368 Calories from Fat 159
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.6%
Saturated Fat 6 g30%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 118.4 mg39.5%
Sodium 587 mg24.5%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.55 g2.2%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 18 g35.9%
Vitamin A 11.4% Vitamin C 9.9%
Calcium 23% Iron 11.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet