A delicious & hearty pasta dish. A must for bacon, tomato & basil lovers!
For the spaghetti
4 Cup (64 tbs) (As needed to boil the spaghetti)
1 Teaspoon (Boiled in salt water)
For the bacon
Extra virgin olive oil
10 Ounce, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
Dry white wine
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
For the egg and cheese mixture
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
3 Medium, minced
For the seasoning
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), cut into chiffonade (One handful)
2 Medium, diced
1. Put large heatproof bowl in oven heated to 200 degrees F.
2. In a large pot, bring water to a rolling boil, for pasta. When water comes to a boil, season the water with a little salt and add the pasta. Cook for about 10 minutes, then drain. (Make sure not to rinse the cooked pasta in cold water)
3. In a large pan heat up a couple of tbsp of olive oil over medium heat.
4. Add bacon and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and crisp, for about 8 minutes.
5. While the bacon is cooking, in a small bowl, combine eggs, Parmesan cheese and Romano cheese and garlic together with a fork. Set aside.
5. Once the bacon is done cooking, drain off all but about a couple of tbsp of fat out of the pan. Add wine and simmer until slightly reduced, 4 to 5 minutes.
6. Take the warm bowl out of the preheated oven, (turn off the oven) put the drained pasta into the warm serving bowl. Immediately pour the egg & cheese mixture over hot pasta.
7. Sprinkle with some salt and cracked black pepper. Toss well with tongs. Pour bacon mixture over pasta and toss.
8. Add the basil leaves and the diced tomatoes and toss to mix everything well.