Gingerbread Spiced Caramels
|Whipping cream||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), diced|
|Dark molasses||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground ginger||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sea salt||1 Dash (for sprinkling) (Optional)|
|Non stick vegetable cooking spray||4 Dash, divided|
1. Lightly coat a 17"x12" jelly-roll pan with non-stick vegetable spray. Line with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on the short sides. Spray paper with vegetable spray; set aside.
2. In a large pot over high heat, bring cream, corn syrup, sugar, butter and molasses to a boil, stirring until sugar has dissolved. Continue to cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until mixture reaches the firm-ball stage, or 244 to 249 degrees on a candy thermometer, about 20 minutes.
3. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla, salt and spices. Immediately pour onto prepared pan, without scraping the pot. Let it sit, uncovered at room temperature for 24 hours.
4. Spray a large cutting board with non-stick vegetable spray. Lifting caramels by the edges of paper turn caramels onto cutting board. Use a sharp knife to loosen paper; peel off paper. Cut into 1-1/2" x 1" pieces. Sprinkle with sea salt, if desired.
5. Serve caramel cubes for desserts.
17X12 Jelly Roll Pan
Calories 854 Calories from Fat 342
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g58.9%
Saturated Fat 25 g125%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 140.7 mg46.9%
Sodium 188.5 mg7.9%
Total Carbohydrates 125 g41.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.36 g1.4%
Sugars 93.4 g
Protein 0.19 g0.38%
Vitamin A 7.1% Vitamin C 0.22%
Calcium 13.2% Iron 8.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet