A simple and delicious dessert sauce that is easy to make and keeps well in the refrigerator. Chef Keith Snow demonstrates caramel sauce in this short video.
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1 Cup (16 tbs) (organic)
1) In a deep stainless steel pot, add the sugar, water and corn syrup together.
2) Stir with a wire whisk and cook over a low heat until bubbly.
3) As the mixture attains an amber color, keep whisking and cook for a few minutes until there are no more bubbles and the mixture gets nice color.
4) Then gradually whisk on the heavy cream, whisk continuously and cook for a few seconds until the sauce is thick and creamy.
5) Use the Caramel sauce as a flavoring in puddings and desserts, as a filling in bonbons, or as a topping for ice cream, custard and coffee.
Add corn syrup to prevent the sugar from crystallizing.