Fruits in Succulent Caramel
|Peaches||2 , firm|
|White grape||12 Large|
|Cherries||12 , firm|
|Walnuts||4 , shelled|
|Dates||4 , stoned|
|Groundnut oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Granulated sugar||9 Ounce|
|Glucose/Runny honey||1 Tablespoon|
1) The fruits for the Succulent Caramel must be fresh and of the best quality.
2) Cover the prunes in boiling water. Let soak for about 2 hours. Then remove their stones.
3) Slice the peaces into quarters. Halve the apricots after removing their stones. Let them dry completely.
4) Grease a baking tray or marble slab slightly.
5) In a saucepan, add in the sugar and water. Next, add in the glucose or honey and cook over high heat. Keep stirring till the liquid gets some colour.
6) Take the pan off the flame. Place it over a bowl of hot water. Add in few of the fruits into the prepared caramel. Turn them around gently till they are coated well in caramel.
7) Using a skewer pick the fruits out from the caramel carefully. Add in the next batch of fruits.
8) If the caramel has hardened, place the pan over gently boiling water for some time.
9) To serve, stick a cocktail stick into each fruit. Let them cool down completely before arranging on the serving tray.
Calories 471 Calories from Fat 86
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.7%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 3 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 98 g32.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g18%
Sugars 91.4 g
Protein 4 g7.9%
Vitamin A 25.8% Vitamin C 33.7%
Calcium 3.5% Iron 5.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet