ChocÃ³ Caramel Top Hats
|Caramels||14 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Whipping cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), whipped|
|Walnuts||8 Ounce, crushed coarsely (1 Can / 2 Cups)|
|Semi-sweet chocolate square||6|
1) In the top part of double boiler, place together caramels with cream.
2) Cook over simmering water for an hour and stir until the caramel mixture is creamy-smooth.
3) Place the caramel mixture by tablespoonfuls, 1 inch apart, on the cookie sheet.
4) Leave to rest for an hour until the mixture is firm.
5) In a cleaned top of double boiler, heat the semisweet chocolate over hot water until partly melted.
6) Take the pan off the heat and stir until completely melted.
7) Put 1/4 teaspoonful of chocolate for each, onto top of caramels and spread slightly.
8) Allow to rest until firm.
12) Serve at room temperature.