ChocÃ³ Caramel Top Hats
|Caramels||14 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Whipping cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), whipped|
|Walnuts||8 Ounce, crushed coarsely (1 Can / 2 Cups)|
|Semi-sweet chocolate square||6|
1) In the top part of double boiler, place together caramels with cream.
2) Cook over simmering water for an hour and stir until the caramel mixture is creamy-smooth.
3) Place the caramel mixture by tablespoonfuls, 1 inch apart, on the cookie sheet.
4) Leave to rest for an hour until the mixture is firm.
5) In a cleaned top of double boiler, heat the semisweet chocolate over hot water until partly melted.
6) Take the pan off the heat and stir until completely melted.
7) Put 1/4 teaspoonful of chocolate for each, onto top of caramels and spread slightly.
8) Allow to rest until firm.
12) Serve at room temperature.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3359 Calories from Fat 1770
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 209 g321.4%
Saturated Fat 42.3 g211.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 110.6 mg36.9%
Sodium 996.7 mg41.5%
Total Carbohydrates 359 g119.6%
Dietary Fiber 17 g67.9%
Sugars 285.6 g
Protein 54 g108.1%
Vitamin A 4.2% Vitamin C 7.6%
Calcium 81.3% Iron 45%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet