Old Fashioned Caramels
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||2 Cup (32 tbs), divided|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
1. In a heavy saucepan, mix sugar, butter, corn syrup and 1 cup whipping cream; mix well.
2. Allow it to come to a boil over medium heat; boil gently 1 minute.
3. Mix in remaining whipping cream; allow it to come to a boil over medium heat.
4. Boil gently; stirring at intervals, until mixture reaches soft ball stage (240°).
5. Take away the saucepan from heat. Stir in vanilla.
6. Transfer into a buttered 13- x 9- x 2-inch dish.
7. With a plastic sheet, cover and chill 8 hours or overnight.
8. Take away from refrigerator; allow it to stand 15 minutes.
9. With a knife, cut 3/4-inch squares; wrap individually in plastic wrap or decorative cellophane wrappers.
10 Use right away or store in refrigerator.