Chocolate and Caramel Rice
|Milk||1 1⁄4 Pint|
|Rice grain||4 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla pod||1⁄2 , split|
|Sugar||2 Tablespoon (Or To Taste)|
|Granulated sugar||4 Ounce|
2) In a pot, add sugar and water, and allow to boil till a good caramel is formed.
3) To stop the cooking process, dipping the bottom of the pan into cold water.
4) Pour the mix into a tin and rotate the tin in such a way that the caramel coats the tin all over.
5) In a saucepan, add milk and broken chocolate and simmer till chocolate dissolves.
6) Mix in the rice and vanilla pod and allow to simmer all the milk is absorbed in the rice, and the rice is fluffy.
7) Stir occasionally and add milk to reduce the thickness.
8) Set aside. Add sugar to taste and gently beat in the whole egg, egg yolks and butter.
9) Transfer into the caramel-lined mould.
10) Place buttered paper over the top and steam or cook au bain-marie for about 40-45 minutes.
11) Slightly before turning out.
12) Pour custard or chocolate sauce around and top with redcurrant (or apricot) sauce.