Chocolate and Caramel Rice
|Milk||1 1⁄4 Pint|
|Rice grain||4 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla pod||1⁄2 , split|
|Sugar||2 Tablespoon (Or To Taste)|
|Granulated sugar||4 Ounce|
2) In a pot, add sugar and water, and allow to boil till a good caramel is formed.
3) To stop the cooking process, dipping the bottom of the pan into cold water.
4) Pour the mix into a tin and rotate the tin in such a way that the caramel coats the tin all over.
5) In a saucepan, add milk and broken chocolate and simmer till chocolate dissolves.
6) Mix in the rice and vanilla pod and allow to simmer all the milk is absorbed in the rice, and the rice is fluffy.
7) Stir occasionally and add milk to reduce the thickness.
8) Set aside. Add sugar to taste and gently beat in the whole egg, egg yolks and butter.
9) Transfer into the caramel-lined mould.
10) Place buttered paper over the top and steam or cook au bain-marie for about 40-45 minutes.
11) Slightly before turning out.
12) Pour custard or chocolate sauce around and top with redcurrant (or apricot) sauce.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1898 Calories from Fat 636
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 73 g111.9%
Saturated Fat 39.5 g197.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 656.9 mg219%
Sodium 338.2 mg14.1%
Total Carbohydrates 297 g99%
Dietary Fiber 7.7 g30.7%
Sugars 237.5 g
Protein 39 g78.3%
Vitamin A 29.3% Vitamin C
Calcium 80.1% Iron 33.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet