Caramel Cream Creme Caramel
|Caster sugar||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||4 Ounce (Lump / Granulated)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) In a bowl, add the eggs and the extra yolks and beat with a fork, without letting the eggs get frothy
2) Mix in sugar and milk and keep aside.
3) In a saucepan, add milk and scald.
4) Place a saucepan over gentle heat and add sugar and water for caramel.
5) When the sugar dissolves, without stirring boil on high till the sugar turns a rich brown color.
6) Fill a basin with cold water and place the bottom of the pan into it to stop the cooking process.
7) Pour three-quarters of the caramel into a dry and warm souffle dish or cake tin.
8) Add the rest on a greased plate.
9) After pouring the caramel, slowly rotate the tin to evenly coat the base and sides.
10) Strain and add the custard mix.
11) Cover with a foil or buttered paper and stand in a bain-marie.
12) Place in oven at 375°F or Mark 5 for 40-50 minutes till just set.
13) Remove, cool and turn out onto a serving dish.
14) Serve as desired.
15) For the texture to be more creamy, use an extra egg yolk.