Ainsley Harriott Caramel Raspberry Nests
|Single cream||1 1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Icing sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Raspberries||9 Ounce (250 Gram)|
|Meringue nests||4 (Ready Made)|
|Caster sugar||3 Ounce (85 Gram)|
|Chopped toasted hazelnuts||2 Tablespoon|
1. Whip together the mascarpone, cream and icing sugar to become smooth.
2. Reserving a few of the raspberries, stir the remainder into the cream mixture.
3. Fill the meringue nests with the cheese-cream filling. Refrigerate until required.
4. In a heavy-based pan set over a very low heat gently heat the caster sugar with 4 tablespoon hot water, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
5. Increase the heat and boil the syrup for about 4 minutes without stirring,, until golden. Swirl the pan to prevent burning.
6. Take off the heat, add the chopped hazelnuts and 1 tablespoon of water. Swirl to combine.
7. On a dessert plate place one meringue each and scatter the reserved raspberries on top.
8. Pour the caramel-hazelnut sauce over the meringue nests and serve, garnished with the reserved raspberries.