Cashew Caramel Yummies
|Sifted regular all purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Double-acting baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||2 , slightly beaten|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chopped salted cashew nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Melted butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon|
|Light cream||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped salted cashew nuts||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. Start heating oven to 350Â°F.
2. Sift flour with baking powder and salt.
3. Into slightly beaten eggs, stir granulated sugar and 1/2 cup brown sugar. Blend in 1/2 cup nuts and flour mixture. Turn mixture into greased 9-by-9-by-2-inch pan.
3. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until crust springs back when lightly touched with finger.
4. Meanwhile, make topping: Into butter, stir 1/4 cup brown sugar, cream, and 1/3 cup nuts. Spread immediately on baked layer, covering top completely.
5. Place under broiler about 1 minute, or until topping bubbles and is light brown.
6. While still warm, cut into 36 bars; cool thoroughly in pan.