|Shortening||9 Tablespoon (1/2 Cup Plus 1 Tablespoon)|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Dry red wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg white||1 , slightly beaten|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Powdered sugar||1 Tablespoon, or to taste|
|Grated sweet chocolate||2 Tablespoon, or to taste|
1) Cut shortening and rub into flour till it resembles coarse crumbs.
2) Beat eggs and mix with it.
3) Gently add red wine and stir well.
4) Knead the dough to a ball and cover and keep aside for 15 minutes.
5) Into a lightly floured surface place dough and roll into 1/16-inch thickness.
6) Cut into 3 1/2-inch circles and with a rolling pin roll into 5-inch ovals.
7) Put cannoli form along lengthwise at the middle of the oval.
8) Roll dough and shape around the form.
9) Wet the edges with beaten egg white and seal them.
10) Heat oil in frying pan and deep fry in (350°) for 1 minute till golden brown.
11) Place in paper towels and keep aside to cool for 5 seconds.
12) Gently remove cannoli form.
13) Let the shells cool completely before filling.
14) With a spoon fill ricotta into cannoli shells. Dust with powdered sugar on top and decorate with grated chocolate.