Dragon bread candy is traditional Chinese sweet much like spun sugar. It is formed with thick saturated maltose solution which when cooled is spun into a candy. This candy is fun to eat and prepare too. Let us learn the right method here.
250 Gram (1 Package)
40 Gram (1 Package)
1. Dry fry peanut until cooked. Remove skin and cool it.
2. Blend peanuts and keep aside.
3. Dry fry glutinous rice flour without browning for about 10 minutes.
4. Mix sugar, malotse, water and vinegar and cook until dissolved.
5. Wash the sides of the pan to remove any undissolved sugar crystals.
6. Clip a candy thermometer and boil until temperature reaches 133 C.
7. Turn off the heat little before temperature is 132 C.
8. Leave the thermometer to check the temperature.
9. Let sugar syrup cool down to 100 C before pouring into plastic containers.
10. The sugar cools down in an hour and hardens.
11. Loosen the sides of container to release the sugar block. Make a hole in the centre of sugar block.