In this recipe Barry shows you how to make gummy bears from home! This is obviously a very easy and fun recipe to make but the art to homemade gummy bears is the consistency of them. Here we make them using standard jelly then add a touch of gelatine powder for a tougher set. Once combined you can add any flavours you like - in this video I show you how to make gummy bears stanard flavour, with a sour kick using citric acid powder and an alcoholic spank with vodka.
1 Tablespoon (Optional)
Citric acid powder
1 Teaspoon (Optional)
1. In a saucepan, pour in the water and add in the jelly. Keep stirring it until it dissolves.
2. Take it off the heat remove it from the flame and add in the gelatine powder just keep stirring that through until it's all combined.
3. Pour it through a sieve in a jug and add in the flavors you like, vodka or citric acid.
4. Pour the liquid into the gummy mould and place in the freezer for 20 minutes.
5. Serve the gummies along with other candies.
Powdered Jelly version - mix all ingredients together in saucpan off the heat until well combined then heat on a low in pan for 5 mins to loosen before setting in mould the same way as I did.
250ml water. 20g gelatine powder, 85g flavoured gelatine.