Dark Chocolate Caramel Almond Candy With Sea Salt
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Light brown sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Other ingredients for candy|
|Salted almonds||2 Cup (32 tbs) (whole)|
|Fresh blackberries||6 Ounce, sliced (or substitute fruit or dried fruit of your choice)|
|Dark chocolate chips||15 Ounce, melted|
|Sea salt||1 Pinch (a sprinkling) (Optional)|
1. Lightly butter a cookie sheet or line it with parchment paper.
2. In a saucepan, combine butter and brown sugar. Stir constantly and cook over medium high heat until mixture comes to a boil.
3. Continue cooking for 10 minutes, scraping sides and stirring constantly. (If desired at about 8 minutes, put a drop of the mixture into a cup of cold water; if it immediately ribbons and will form into a soft ball, it is done)
4. Sprinkle salted almonds, and sliced blackberries over the cookie sheet, evenly distributed but slightly away from the edges.
5. Pour hot caramel over nuts, covering them all, using a spatula to spread evenly.
6. Melt dark chocolate and pour over nuts, fruit and caramel. Sprinkle lightly with sea salt. Set aside to cool.
7. Once cooled, simply break apart into pieces.
8. Serve and enjoy!
Parchment paper (optional)
Calories 569 Calories from Fat 321
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.2%
Saturated Fat 13.3 g66.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 40.3 mg13.4%
Sodium 182.2 mg7.6%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.1%
Sugars 47.5 g
Protein 7 g13.1%
Vitamin A 10% Vitamin C 5%
Calcium 7.6% Iron 5.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet