|Sugar||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red food coloring||5 Drop|
|Cinnamon oil||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. In a large Dutch oven combine sugar, water and syrup.
2. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
3. Stir in food coloring.
4. Continue to cook, without stirring, until mixture reaches hard crack stage (300°).
5. Remove from heat and stir in oil of cinnamon.
6. Oil a 15- x 10- x 1-inch jellyroll pan and spread the mixture working rapidly.
7. Let it cool and break into pieces.
8. Serve the crystal candy as snacks, with beverages or use into other preparations if desired.