Chocolate Covered Cherries
|Maraschino cherries with stems||26 Ounce, undrained (Use 1 Jar Of 16-Ounce Plus 1 Jar Of 10-Ounce)|
|Butter/Margarine||3 Tablespoon, softened|
|Light corn syrup||3 Tablespoon|
|Sifted powdered sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Semi-sweet chocolate morsels||12 Ounce (1 Package)|
1. Drain 50 cherries, pat dry on absorbent paper towels, and set aside.
2. Reserve remaining cherries for other uses.
3. In a medium mixing bowl combine butter, syrup and salt stirring well.
4. Stir in powdered sugar and knead in bowl until smooth.
5. Shape 1/2 teaspoon sugar mixture around each cherry.
6. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper, place the prepared cherries and chill about 2 hours or until firm.
7. In top of a double boiler combine chocolate and shortening and bring water to a boil.
8. Reduce heat to low and cook until chocolate melts.
9. Dip each cherry by the stem into chocolate.
10. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper, place the chocolate coated cherries on it and chill until firm.
11. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
12. Serve as snacks, with beverages or as desired.