Mixed Raisin Candy
|Sugar||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||2 Tablespoon|
|Raisins||9 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Chopped pecans/Walnuts||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Flaked coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Semi-sweet chocolate morsels||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
1) In a heavy saucepan, mix first 3 ingredients and stir well.
2) Bring the mixture to a boil and cook until the soft ball stage. Keep stirring.
3) Remove from heat and chill for about 2 hours.
4) Add raisins, pecans, and-coconut to the syrup and make 1-inch balls.
5) In a double boiler, mix chocolate and shortening. Bring water to a boil.
6) Lower the heat and melt chocolate. Coat the balls in chocolate evenly.
7) Allow excess chocolate to drain and then place on a waxed paper to cool.
8) Cover and store the mixed raisin candy in refrigerator.
9) Mixed raisin candy makes a good snack between meals and is healthy for kids.