|Red apples||8 Medium, washed and dried|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red cinnamon candies||1 3⁄4 Ounce (1/4 Cup / 1 Bottle)|
|Red food coloring||10 Drop|
1) Lightly grease a baking tray and leave aside.
2) Remove stems of the apples and insert skewers into stem ends.
3) In a saucepan, mix together sugar, corn syrup and water.
4) Simmer, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and sugar is dissolved.
5) Allow cook, without stirring, until temperature reaches 250°F or until a teaspoonful of syrup forms a hard ball when dropped in cold water.
6) Stir in cinnamon candies and continue cooking until the temperature reaches 285° or until a teaspoonful of syrup forms a hard threads when dropped in cold water.
7) Take the pan off the heat and stir in red food coloring, if desired.
8) Spin the apple in the sugar mixture, holding each one by its skewer, tilting pan to cover apple with syrup.
9) Take the apple out from the syrup.
10) Allow excess to drip off, then twirl to spread syrup smoothly over apple.
11) Arrange on baking sheet to cool and store in cool place.
12) Slice the apples in wedges and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream if desired.