Date Pecan Candy Roll
|Light cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dark corn syrup||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Dates||1⁄2 Pound, cut into pieces|
|Pecans||4 Cup (64 tbs), chopped|
1. In a saucepan mix cream, syrup, sugar and butter.
2. Boil the ingredients till it reaches a temperature of 234° to 238°. ( or a drop in cold water shall form soft ball)
3. Move from the heat and add the dates.
4. Beat the mixture till it cools down and thickens.
5. Combine peacons. Place the mixture on a damp towel.
6. Roll it into log.
7. Cool the mixture and make 6 pieces.
8. Re-roll each cut piece into a log - size 1" in diameter
10. Cut out logs 1/4" slices
11. Serve date pecan candy roll with chocolate sauce