Nutty Candy Squares
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground cardamom||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Slivered almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Toasted)|
|Cashews||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Flaked coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a Dutch oven, mix sugar, milk, and cardamom mix well.
2. Over medium heat, cook stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves.
3. Cook stirring occasionally, until mixture reaches soft ball stage (234°).
4. Take away from heat; add butter (do not stir).
5. Allow it to cool to lukewarm (110°).
6. Using a wooden spoon, beat for 1 minute; stir in slivered almonds, cashews, and coconut.
7. Transfer into a buttered 8-inch square pan.
8. Using a knife, mark warm candy into 1 1/3-inch squares; arrange whole almonds in center of squares, if desired.
9. Allow the squares to cool completely and cut.
10. Use as needed.