Healthy Halloween Trick Treats Candy
|For apricot and ricotta dates:|
|Ricotta cheese||250 Gram|
|Chopped dried apricot||4 Tablespoon|
|Ground almonds||4 Tablespoon|
|Caster sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla essence||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Grated orange rind||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|For fruit and nut carob clusters:|
|Milk carob||300 Gram, melted|
|Chopped dates||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped glace apricots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Roasted hazelnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Desiccated coconut||2 Tablespoon, desiccated|
|For carob and sesame rounds|
|Sesame seeds||2 Tablespoon|
|Coconut||115 Gram (1/4 Cup)|
|Orange juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Coconut||2 Tablespoon (Extra)|
To make the Apricot and Ricotta Dates
1. Combine the filling ingredients in a medium-size bowl and mix well.
2. Stuff the dates with the mixture, packing them well.
4. Slice before serving.
To make the Fruit and Nut Carob Clusters
1. Combine carob, dates, apricots and hazelnuts in a medium bowl. Mix thoroughly.
2. On a foil covered baking sheet, drop heaped round teaspoonfuls of the mixture.
3. Sprinkle with coconut.
4. Refrigerate until the clusters are hard.
To make the Carob Sesame Rounds
1. In a heavy bottomed pan, toast the sesame seeds over medium heat, stirring constantly, until golden. Tip them into a bowl and let them cool.
2.Process the seeds, coconut, carob, honey and juice in a blender, until well blended.
3. Shape the mixture into marble size balls between your palms.
4. Roll them in extra coconut until well coated. Refrigerate them until firm.
5. Wrap the candies in colorful foil papers or place them in paper sweet cases and enjoy them chilled.