Grandma's Caramel Candy
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Evaporated milk||1 2⁄3 Cup (26.67 tbs)|
|Brazil nuts||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), chopped|
1) In a saucepan, mix together sugar, salt, butter, and corn syrup.
2) Place over gentle heat, and while stirring allow to boil.
3) Slowly add in the milk, ensuring the candy continues to boil.
4) Without stirring, let the mix cook till the candy thermometer reads 244 degrees, or the mix forma a firm ball.
5) Stir in the vanilla and nuts.
6) Transfer into a greased shallow pan.
8) Cut into squares and store in a container.