Coconut Gumdrop Cookies
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shortening||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Oatmeal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Gumdrops||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 350° F.
1) Cream shortening and sugar together.
2) Take a bowl and sift salt, flour and baking powder in it.
3) Add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture alternating with beaten eggs.
4) Stir in coconut, gumdrops, vanilla and oatmeal.
5) Shape the mixture into 1/2 inch balls and place on a greased cookie sheet.
6) Press the balls with a fork to make flat.
7) Bake for about 10 minutes or until delicate brown.
8) Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
9) Serve Coconut Gumdrop Cookies with milk, if desired.