|Vanilla caramels||1 Pound|
|Chopped walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Cover a cookie sheet with waxed paper.
2) In a double boiler, mix together caramels and 2 tablespoons water.
3) While stirring, cook, till the caramels melt and turn smooth.
4) Push the wooden skewers into the blossom ends of each apple.
5) Dip the apples into the syrup and coat well.
6) Immediately coat the bottom half of each apple with chopped nuts.
7) Place on the cookie sheet and refrigerate till firm.
8) If required, thin down the syrup with water to syrup.
9) Serve as a snack.