|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Buttermilk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Pecans/Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Take a heavy 3 quart sized saucepan and mix the soda, buttermilk and sugar in it.
2) Cook over medium heat by stirring continuously until the soft ball stage of 234° is reached.
3) Add the vanilla and butter beating it slightly until it thickens a little.
4) Add the pecans, stirring them in.
5) Take a 9 inch square pan and spread the mixture.
6) Allow the mixture to cool, cut it into even shaped squares measuring 1 ½ inch and serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3873 Calories from Fat 1207
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 142 g218.1%
Saturated Fat 36.9 g184.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 121 mg40.3%
Sodium 1438 mg59.9%
Total Carbohydrates 656 g218.6%
Dietary Fiber 12.5 g49.9%
Sugars 624.8 g
Protein 26 g52.5%
Vitamin A 29.6% Vitamin C 2.4%
Calcium 29.7% Iron 27.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet