Date Loaf Candy
|Sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dates||8 Ounce, chopped (1 Package)|
|Pecans/Walnuts||4 Cup (64 tbs), chopped|
1) Take a large saucepan and mix the milk, sugar and dates in it.
2) Cook over medium heat by stirring continuously until the soft ball stage of 234° is reached.
3) Remove the container from the flame and stir in the pecans along with the butter.
4) Divide the mixture into two parts.
5) Place each of the portions on a damp tea towel and fashion each into a log 10 x 2 inches long.
6) Roll each log in the towels and cool for half an hour..
7) Remove the towel, cut into pieces and serve.