How To Make Guava Candies
|Ripe guava||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Citric acid||2 Teaspoon|
|Granulated sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), blanched|
1. Cut off the ends of each guava. Cut in halves, strain seeds and get the pulp.
2. Blanch the almonds and set aside.
3. In a pressure cooker, put guava and cook until pulp.
4. Add sugar, citric acid and mix well. Cool the guava mix to form gel.
5. Add almonds and roll the mix into balls by hand. Rub the rolls with granular sugar.
6. Store it in airtight containers.
7. Serve the Guava Candies as a tasty snack.
Calories 234 Calories from Fat 44
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8%
Saturated Fat 0.56 g2.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1.8 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g22.8%
Sugars 40 g
Protein 4 g8.1%
Vitamin A 10.6% Vitamin C 324.6%
Calcium 3.9% Iron 3.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet