Candy Cane Cake
|Hot roll mix||14 Ounce|
|Maraschino cherries||2 Cup (32 tbs), finely chopped|
|Almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs), slivered (blanched)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Tablespoon, melted|
1. Prepare hot roll mix according to package directions.
2. Allow to raise as package directs.
3. Divide dough into 2 equal parts. Roll each part into a 15x6 inch rectangle; place each on a wax paper-covered piece of cardboard.
4. With scissors, make 2-inch cuts at 1/2-inch intervals on long sides of dough rectangles.
5. In a small bowl combine cherries and almonds and spread 1/2 of mixture down center of each rectangle.
6. Crisscross strips over filling. Stretch dough to 22 inches and curve to form a candy cane.
7. Heat each cane, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 5 to 6 (6 1/2 to 8) minutes or until no longer "doughy'
8. While warm, brush with melted butter.
9. If desired, decorate with a ribbon bow.