Aunt Merle's Peanut Brittle Candy
|Sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Light karo syrup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Raw peanuts||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Tablespoon|
|Butter||1 Teaspoon (For greasing)|
1. Prepare a baking sheet greased with butter.
2. In a pan over medium heat, add sugar and light karo syrup. Turn the heat to medium high and pour the water. Stir constantly for 3-5 minutes until thick.
3. Continue stirring for a few minutes until the mixture spins a thread. Add raw peanuts and stir slowly for about 1 minute.
4. Remove the pan from heat and add baking soda. Stir quickly and often.
5. Spread it out on the buttered platter. Let it cool for 30 minutes.
6. Break the Peanut Brittle Candy into small pieces and serve.
Calories 407 Calories from Fat 120
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g22.1%
Saturated Fat 2 g10%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 304.1 mg12.7%
Total Carbohydrates 66 g22.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g9.9%
Sugars 62.7 g
Protein 8 g15.1%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 2.7% Iron 7.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet