Fruit Topped Canapes
|Whole wheat bread slices/Rye bread||10 , trimmed sides|
|Cream cheese||6 Ounce, softened (2 Packages, 3 Ounce Each)|
|Grated orange peel||1 Teaspoon|
|Thin cooked ham slices||10|
|Mandarin orange segments||12|
|Seedless green grapes||6 , halved|
1) In a bowl, place together cream cheese, milk and orange peel.
2) Whisk the cheese mixture well together.
3) Smear cream cheese mixture thinly on bread slices, reserving 3 tablespoons.
4) Top each bread slice with ham.
5) Cut the bread slices diagonally to form triangle.
6) Pipe or spoon a small amount of reserved cream cheese mixture in center of each canapÃ©.
7) Place fruit over the cheese mixture.
8) Cover and place in refrigerator for 24 hours before serving.
9) Serve cold on the bed of lettuce.