Chicken Canapes with Broccoli Stuffing
|Skinless chicken breast||1 Pound|
|Dijon mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Low fat swiss cheese||2 Ounce, shredded|
|Broccoli||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Almonds||3 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Dried rosemary||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Using a mallet, pound the chicken breasts evenly.
2) Spread a single, light layer of mustard over the meat. Sprinkle cheese on top of it.
3) In a non-stick frying pan, heat oil and saute garlic and broccoli till they become tender, for about 10 minutes.
4) Add in the dried rosemary and chopped almonds. Mix well. Take the pan off the flame.
5) Divide the broccoli filling into equal portions for each chicken breast.
6) Place a little filling on the edge of each breast and roll it up. Cover the roll in plastic wrap.
7) In a steamer, place the rolls in a single file. Let steam for about 10 minutes.
8) Once steamed, refrigerate the chicken rolls covered in their plastic wrap for about hours.
9) Remove the plastic wrap from the rolls and cut out thin slices.
10) Serve the chicken rolls with a dipping sauce.
Calories 285 Calories from Fat 133
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.5%
Saturated Fat 3.3 g16.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 82.6 mg27.5%
Sodium 185.5 mg7.7%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.5%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 30 g60.9%
Vitamin A 8.6% Vitamin C 67%
Calcium 14.9% Iron 12.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet