Filled Walnut Canapes
|Walnut meats||100 , halved|
|Cottage cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), unflavored|
|Roquefort cheese/Other blue cheese without rind||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Softened unsalted butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sweet sherry/Port||2 Tablespoon|
1. Cream both cheeses and the butter in a food processor until blended.
2. Turn mixture into a bowl, and work in the liquor gradually until mixture is almost saturated. Do not add too much or the mixture will'weep'.
3. Store, chilled, in a tightly covered pot.
4. Let filling stand at room temperature to soften before use.
5. Pile about 1/2 teaspoon filling on the flat sides of half your walnut pieces. Make 'sandwiches' using remaining walnut pieces.
6. Chill until serving time.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 7735 Calories from Fat 6569
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 734 g1129.4%
Saturated Fat 92.7 g463.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 43.2 mg14.4%
Sodium 1135.2 mg47.3%
Total Carbohydrates 114 g37.8%
Dietary Fiber 105.8 g423.3%
Sugars 2.6 g
Protein 192 g384.8%
Vitamin A 9.6% Vitamin C
Calcium 103.3% Iron 197.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet