Cucumber Cocktail Canapes
|Cucumbers||2 Medium, peeled, halved lengthwise and seeded|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped radishes||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground red pepper||2 Dash (Adjust Quantity As Per Taste)|
|Party rye bread loaf/Pumpernickel bread||1 , sliced|
|Snipped fresh dill||1 Teaspoon|
1) Keep the cucumbers on paper towels.
2) Sprinkle salt on them and allow them to stand for about half an hour.
3) Press the paper towels firmly on the cucumbers to soak away the excess water.
4) Chop the cucumbers finely.
5) In a medium bowl, mix together the onion, cucumbers, red pepper, radishes and mayonnaise.
6) Cover the mixture and chill.
7) Before serving, spread a tablespoon of the cucumber mixture on the bread slice.
8) Add a topping of paprika and fresh dill.
9) Serve like that or topped with another bread slice.