1. Toast the bread on 1 side only; trim off crusts.
2. Spread the slices with mayonnaise or Tartare Sauce.
3. Mix the lobster, celery, salt and paprika and spread on the toast.
4. Mix the cheese, cream or evaporated milk and French Dressing. Force through a pastry tube in a garnish around the edges of the toast.
5. Cut each slice in 4 squares. Place a slice of olive and a water cress leaf in the center of each square. Makes 48 canapes. Or leave slices uncut and serve each, on a small plate with a fork, at the table, as a first-course canape.