Cheese And Mushroom Canapes
|Canned chopped mushrooms||3 Ounce, drained, reserve broth (1 can)|
|Shredded sharp cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Melba toast rounds/Crackers||48|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Pimentos||2 Ounce, drained and thinly sliced (1 small jar)|
1. Melt butter with Tabasco in a 1-quart glass casserole in microwave oven (15 seconds at HIGH).
2. Stir flour into melted butter. Blend in cream and mushroom broth.
3. Add cheese to sauce and cook uncovered in microwave oven 1 minute at HIGH.
4. Stir chopped mushrooms into cheese sauce.
5. Spread mixture on toast rounds or crackers and garnish with parsley and pimento.
6. Put 6 canapes in a circle on 8 individual paper plates. For each plate, cook uncovered in microwave oven 30 seconds at HIGH, or until hot.