Cheese And Mushroom Canapes
|Canned chopped mushrooms||3 Ounce, drained, reserve broth (1 can)|
|Shredded sharp cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Melba toast rounds/Crackers||48|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Pimentos||2 Ounce, drained and thinly sliced (1 small jar)|
1. Melt butter with Tabasco in a 1-quart glass casserole in microwave oven (15 seconds at HIGH).
2. Stir flour into melted butter. Blend in cream and mushroom broth.
3. Add cheese to sauce and cook uncovered in microwave oven 1 minute at HIGH.
4. Stir chopped mushrooms into cheese sauce.
5. Spread mixture on toast rounds or crackers and garnish with parsley and pimento.
6. Put 6 canapes in a circle on 8 individual paper plates. For each plate, cook uncovered in microwave oven 30 seconds at HIGH, or until hot.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2002 Calories from Fat 506
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 57 g87.3%
Saturated Fat 28.8 g144.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 134.4 mg44.8%
Sodium 3654.4 mg152.3%
Total Carbohydrates 301 g100.3%
Dietary Fiber 28.1 g112.2%
Sugars 12.3 g
Protein 75 g150.4%
Vitamin A 87.9% Vitamin C 113.5%
Calcium 89.3% Iron 14.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet