Ontario Food is quite similar to the food prevalent in other parts of California. Situated in the Southern part of Sunshine State, Ontario City also enjoys a mild weather with its local residents being extremely health conscious. Fresh fruits, green vegetables and meat dominate the range of ingredients while a lot of the local stores and chefs recommend using organic produces for preparing the food.
Foods dipped in batter and deep fried are not as popular in Ontario City as it is elsewhere in the country with tacos, tempuras and French fries being notable exceptions.
The setting up of Toyota North America factory in Ontario has enhanced the popularity of drive in and drive-thru restaurants. Fast food chain groups like Jack in the Box, In-N-Out Burger, Original Tommy's and Fatburger are visible in almost every part of the city.
Fusion food, California style pizzas and barbeques are other popular food items commercially available in the city.
History Of Food In Ontario
Ontario has remained an agricultural community to some extent despite being voted as a model town since its incorporation as a sixth class city into the Californian Constitution of 1891. It was particularly famous for growing oranges then and has maintained its tradition with walnuts, grapes and lemons forming the other important produces of the area.
Mexican food remains popular in the city due to its original population consisting of Meso Americans, Spaniards and Mexican Ranch owners. Spanish-Mexican cuisine is also found in a number of restaurants although the more commercially available food items are the tacos, burritos and tortas.
The Asian influence has caught on in the city along with the rest of California. Sushi bars and mochi ice creams have become popular Ontario Food items as well.
Popular Food Items Of Ontario Cuisine
- Italian Burrata- A burrata containing a creamy mozzarella cheese filling served with roasted tomatoes grown on vines.
- Endive Salad- Served with chives and sunny side up eggs, drizzled with balsamic vinaigrette.
- Orange Muffins- A prominent Ontario Food where every part of the orange including the orange peels, juice and extracts go into the muffins baked Californian style.
- Duck Shawarma- Duck meat spiced with cumin along with sweet roasted egg plant served in a pita wrap.
- California-Style Pizza- A typical Californian Pizza with barbecued meat and fresh vegetable toppings.
Places Famous For Food In Ontario
- Olive Garden- An up market joint specializing in Italian cuisine. Also offers take away facilities.
- Riverside Grill- A small place that is popular on account of its fun menu and exceptional Ontario Food
- RIncon Taurino Restaurant- Considered to be a great place for tacos and other Mexican delicacies at a reasonable price.
Ontario Cuisine: Trivia
The All-States Picnic was first organized by the city in order to celebrate the Independence day. It was discontinued twice once during the World War II and again in 1981. However, the picnic featuring Ontario Food has been resumed once again in 1991 and attracts 120,000 people from all over the country.